This will be done only 1 time.
Please install the Visual Studio Components BEFORE opening the Game Launcher Solution; otherwise you will get errors in certain cases because the project settings are overwritten.
If you already opened it and are getting errors, delete it and unzip the GameLauncher.zip again.
If you are using a Control Version software like Github, Bitbucked, PlasticSCM, etc... for your Unity Project
Add this to your .gitignore
From Asset Store
From Github Repositroy
Follow these steps if you own Game Launcher from Unity Asset Store
- 1.Create a new empty project in Unity 2020 LTS
- 2.Download and Import Game Launcher Unity Package in Unity
- 3.Locate GameLauncher.zip in GameLauncher/Installation in the Unity Package
(Decompress the GameLauncherFull.zip if you own the Pro Version)
- 4.Move and Decompress GameLauncher.zip OUTSIDE THE UNITY PROJECT FOLDER
Follow these steps if you have access Game Launcher from Github Repository
Download the lastest Source code zip from the Github Repository
Decompress the zip in your preferred directory. - Recommended directory: GameLauncherContent/Game Launcher [Your Version] - Together with the Manager
- 1.Open GameLauncher.sln in Visual Studio
- 2.Right Click in GameLauncher solution and click Rebuild Solution
- 3.Open MainWindow.xaml and MainWindow.xaml.cs files
At this point you will see the brand new Game Launcher UI!
Game Launcher Project in Visual Studio
Now continue creating the Self Patcher...
The SelfPatcher is the program that updates the Launcher. If it's not set, the Launcher will not be able to update itself.
- 1.Right click in SelfPatcherWinForms -> Build
2. When the build are completed, Right Click -> Open Folder in File Explorer and Navigate to .../Build/Debug folder (or Release) depending your selected Visual Studio Environment
Getting the Self Patcher files
3. Copy the SelfPatcher.exe and SelfPatcherCore.dll
In the Patch Creator | Manager
If you are using Unity Manager
Tools -> Game Launcher -> UI Manager
5. Open the Launcher Workspace folder and Paste the files in the SelfPatcher folder
Paste the SelfPatcher files
Upload the content of Upload my content to your host
We recommend Hostinger as Host provider
Use this code to get a discount
Setup your host
- 1.Create a folder called GameLauncher inside your public_html folder in Host
- 2.Upload the content of Upload my content folder to GameLauncher folder
The Upload my content folder is located in the GameLauncher.zip content
Uploading files to your host
3. In Visual Studio in the MainWindow.xaml.cs script, paste your host link in HOST_URL
Your Host URL is the location of your GameLauncher files like:https://yourhost.com/GameLauncher/
YOUR HOST_URL MUST END WITH '/'
Local Host starts with file:///
Remote Host starts with https:// or http://
This will be the app that will be executed by the Launcher
Your host files must be public available to let GameLauncher reach your files.
Game Launcher Host Easily Visible Files
The .htaccess file in your Host allows this type of view Create a file called .htaccess in the root of your Host, and add these lines at the end.
Add Options All
Proceed creating your Launcher!